JFC Manufacturing Co. Limited is currently recruiting for a Welder/Fabricator to join their expanding Engineering Workshop Team in Tuam, Co. Galway.
As our Welder/Fabricator, your Key Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Welding using MIG and TIG
- Working from engineering drawings
- Calculating measurements and cutting plans for raw materials
- Setup job in according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, callipers, rule, etc.
- Use of workshop equipment including bandsaw, radial drill, tube benders, press brake, guillotine
- Construction of new moulds including welding and polishing
- Maintenance of existing moulds including welding and polishing
- Working on own initiative regarding process/ methods of fabrication
- Create records and sketches of bespoke items where needed
- Keeping records of Welding Certificates, plant safety records etc. for ISO certification
- Ensure good adherence to 5S by being accountable for general cleanliness of Engineering Workshop and your own area space
- Manufacture of stock components, jigs and fixtures along with quality control
- Carry out all duties in accordance with health and safety guidelines
As our Welder/Fabricator, your Skills/Qualifications will ideally include:
- Leaving Certificate qualification is a minimum requirement
- Fabrication/Welding/Technical certificate or relevant equivalent is desirable
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a similar role is advantageous
- High level of professionalism and good communication skills
- Strong adherence to quality standards
- Ability to work in a pro-active and efficient manner
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational, prioritization and planning ability
Additional Personal Attributes:
- Highly collaborative, organised, detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
- Strong technical ability
- Time management and task prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent customer focus
- Strong sense of achievement/delivery
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager by close of business, Friday 23rd June 2017.