This role will have responsibility for the purchase of all materials and supplies for the JFC Group. This will involve sourcing the highest quality products at the most cost-effective price for JFC. The successful candidate will have impeccable attention to detail, excellent customer focus and strong organisational and negotiating skills. The role requires a driven individual who can show initiative, demonstrating their ability to work on their own as well as be a strong member of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities will involve:
- Examining catalogues, commerce publications and directories in order to source the right suppliers to match the business needs.
- Negotiating with suppliers for best purchase package in terms of quality, prices, terms, deliveries and services for all materials and supplies.
- Preparing a buying plan and an associated budget on a quarterly rolling basis.
- Controlling departmental budgets
- Attending trade shows and conferences, to inspect products and services, evaluate production and distribution abilities and consider all other aspects that may influence purchasing decisions.
- Co-ordinating with user departments and suppliers to acquire materials and parts needed to meet production deadlines.
- Managing the supplier process according to JFC’s criteria: capacity, product, delivery time, after-sales service, payment method and potential for development.
- Supporting relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders
- Placing orders and checking shipment
- Manage day to day stock holdings
- Create Navision notifications as required
- Production planning and scheduling
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with established H&S policies and procedures.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant third level qualification/certification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Experienced forklift driver with valid ticket
- Understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent communication skills – both fluent English verbal and written essential
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and experience in working with Navision desirable
- Hands on active approach
- Self-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to work well with internal staff at all levels within the business and external suppliers and customers.
Normal office conditions. Travel/visits to attend conferences, trade shows and to meet with suppliers will be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com