JFC is a market leader for the manufacture and sales of plastic livestock and farm equipment. It is recruiting a B2B Area Sales Manager to manage existing trade partners (through face-to-face visits) and identify/appoint new partners to support category growth plans and new product ranges (from the Scottish boarder to Cheshire).
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the successful candidate will join the JFC Sales & Marketing team. They will be responsible for meeting agreed sales targets and increasing the awareness of the JFC brand. The role will involve extensive travel therefore the base location is flexible.
The ideal candidate will display highly developed skills in sales, communication and negotiation. They should be customer focused and have a proven ability to achieve targets, drive initiatives and build/maintain effective working relationships with customers, colleagues and external organisations.
- Develop solid working relationships with new and existing clients.
- Key Account Management. Experience selling to central buyers at head-office level.
- Increase the awareness of and aspiration for JFC Branded Agricultural products.
- Effectively communicate market findings and customer insights to management.
- Achieve sales targets.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing and new trade partners.
- Report sales progress via weekly/monthly sales meetings and daily conference calls.
- Utilise CRM software for the collaboration of daily activities, market and customer information.
- Support sales forecasting and budgeting in line with the business needs.
- Create effective written proposals and tender documents.
- Travel extensively within the sales territories and attend networking events / trade exhibitions / open days where applicable.
- Assist in the creation of marketing campaigns to support brand development.
- Accurately complete and submit expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide product training/demonstration.
- Present on behalf of the company/brand at media and press events.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience selling FMCG to B2B customers.
- A proven history of working to and achieving sales budgets/targets is a prerequisite.
- A strong working knowledge of farming, agriculture and equine is desirable.
- Applicant must be based in the Northern England region to effectively manage the area from the Scottish boarder to Cheshire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or similar preferable.
- Fluency in English and a full, clean driving licence is a prerequisite.
- Advanced negotiation and selling skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Well-developed IT and administration skills.
- Time management and task prioritisation skills.
- Highly organised, detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com for the attention of Mary Dwyer, HR Manager